The Church of St.Francis of Assisi dates back to 1749 and was designed by Michele Colangiuli di Acquaviva. The beautiful façade is marked by pilasters and ornated by the portal and the higher fastigium. Inside, in the whiteness of the stucco decorations by Carlo Cassino, the side chapels follow each other. A wooden crucifix over the presbyterium  stands out for its expressive power; according to the sources, only the trunk of the body was told to have emerged from the ruined building. On the altar a painting celebrates The Glory of the Order. The first chapel on the right houses an altarpiece with St.John the Baptist and the Saints Gregorius and Leonard,  attributed to the School of Bassano painter, and the sculpture set of the Virgin with Child, attributed to the school of the sculptor Stefano from Putignano.

Relevant contents