Besides being the biggest private theatre in Europe, it is the fourth one in Italy as regards its size. Situated in the heart of Murat’s Bari, along Corso Cavour, surrounded by very elegant streets and imposing buildings, it was inaugurated in 1903 by the brothers Onofrio and Antonio Petruzzelli,  traders and shipowners from Trieste, and its construction was wholly financed by them. In 1991 it was destroyed by an arson, but it was later reconstructed and  returned to its former glory in 2009.
This theatre has always hosted big international artists such as  Rudolf Nureyev, Carla Fracci, Ray Charles, Frank Sinatra, Luciano Pavarotti and for this reason it represents the most prestigious cultural container in the region.

Relevant contents